Chemical peels are the best thing next to having new skin. It allows you to rid the skin of dull, crepey, pigmented skin which then allows new fresh youthful skin to appear. However, chemical peels can be difficult in the summer because of the strong UV rays and the blistering summer heat. That is why winter is a great time for a chemical peel because the cool winter’s breeze is soothing to skin healing and we are not do as many outdoor activities.
Dr. Wright’s Tip
Chemical peels are great this time of season. I know you have the holidays and there will be family pictures. So if you have a chemical peel early in November, there will be plenty of time for you to heal and look radiant for any holiday gathering. Chemical peels can be performed on the face, neck, or hands. They can be used to treat the following
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage, aging, and family history
- Improve the appearance of mild surface scarring
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills (melasma)
- Improve the look and feel of skin that is dull in texture and color
Even one chemical peel can make your skin look younger and more refreshed – “picture perfect” for the holiday family photos! Just remember for great results from a chemical peel seek assistance from a skin specialist like my professional staff at Skin MD and Beyond.