FLAT SAGGING EARLOBES:
- Facial Fillers
Though our ears rarely receive much attention, just like any other part of the body, lobes can become elongated, saggy and thin as collagen and natural elasticity decreases, causing visible wrinkling on the surface. Many women have their hair cut shorter as they get older, and they can be uncomfortable to discover that sagging lobes are a tell-tale sign of their true age, which cannot be disguised by the usual arsenal of moisturizer and make-up — especially if years spent wearing heavy earrings have pulled them downwards.
Sagging earlobes and stretched out piercings can actually be improved with dermal filler injections. The expertise of Drs. Wright at Skin MD and Beyond can tailor an injectable treatment plan specifically to your needs to firm up and reshape the ears. The various rejuvenation plans that the doctors use fillers for ear rejuvenation include;
- Wrinkles in the ear: Dermal filler can be injected to fill the wrinkles
- Skin of the ear: this can be improved with dermal filler or skin boosters
- The shape of the ear: The patient will be assessed and the doctor will have a discussion with the patient about their anatomy, and how it can be improved.
- Symmetry of the ears: asymmetry of the ears can be improved with dermal filler treatment.
- Aging: as we age, the ears changes, dermal filler may be used to reduce the age appearance
The dose required for ear filling is variable, depending on the condition being treated and the patient’s ear anatomy. The doctor will assess the ears and decide on the best dose and type of filler to use after taking a history and examining the patient.