Acne is a common complaint seen by patients of all ages at Skin MD and Beyond. Dr. Fiona Wright of Plano, TX works directly with patients to help them learn more about their condition and find a treatment that works best. However, many patients ask, what is the best treatment for my acne?
There are several factors that need to be taken into consideration when a patient comes to Dr. Fiona Wright seeking treatment of acne. During the initial evaluation, she will assess the patient and determine:
- The type of acne the patient is dealing with
- The severity of the acne
- Other coexisting conditions and concerns the patient would like to address
- The patient’s medical history
- Any allergies a patient may have to certain ingredients or chemicals
- How aggressive of a treatment the patient desires
- The patient’s personal budget for treatment
- Compliance of the patient to ensure results
Once patients have discussed their needs with Dr. Fiona Wright, they can then learn more about the treatment options that may be recommended. They may include a combination of services including:
- Top quality skin care products to use at home (cleansers, moisturizers, toners, topical medications)
- Treatments that can be performed at Skin MD and Beyond, including chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and the like)
- Exfoliation treatments to remove dead skin cells from the surface of the skin which can allow skincare products to penetrate deeper
- The use of sunblock on the skin daily to protect the skin from UVA and UVB rays
For some patients, the treatment of acne may include some trial and error. There is no “one size fits all” solution to acne, and once patients have found a combination of treatments that provides them with results, they are encouraged to continue that treatment to clear the skin of acne. Patients who work with a dermatologist to fight acne-prone skin are often excited about the results they achieve and how confident they feel again in their own skin!
Interested in learning more about combating active acne?
Contact the team at Skin MD and Beyond today to learn more about treatment solutions. Dr. Fiona Wright and her professionals are conveniently located at 6517 Preston Road in Plano, TX and can be reached for an appointment at (972) 608-0808.