Stretch marks are an unavoidable consequence of rapid weight gain or loss, pregnancy, and puberty. However, there are now treatments available that can help to improve the appearance of stretch marks. The doctors at Skin MD and Beyond of Plano, TX can assist patients in the treatment of these skin imperfections to improve confidence.
Below are just a few of the methods used at the office to address stretch marks and other skin imperfections:
- ResurfX laser resurfacing. The Resurfx laser is a fractional laser that is FDA-approved for the treatment of wrinkles, sun damage, and stretch marks. This laser uses heat to stimulate the production of new collagen, which helps to improve the appearance of stretch marks.
- Dermapen microneedling. The Dermapen is a device that utilizes tiny needles to create micro-injuries in the skin. This triggers the body to produce new collagen and elastin, which helps to improve the appearance of stretch marks.
- Microdermabrasion/dermasweeps. Microdermabrasion and dermasweeps are two methods that use crystals or diamond tips to exfoliate the skin. This removes the top layer of skin cells and helps to improve the appearance of stretch marks.
- Chemical peels. Chemical peels use a variety of acids to peel away the top layer of skin. This helps to improve the appearance of stretch marks, sun damage, and other skin imperfections.
- Photofacials. Photofacials are treatments that use light therapy to improve the appearance of skin imperfections. This can help to improve the appearance of stretch marks, sun damage, and age spots.
- Topical prescriptions. There are a variety of topical prescriptions that can be used to improve the appearance of stretch marks. These include creams, oils, and serums that contain ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, Vitamin C, and retinol.
How to learn more about treatment options for stretch marks
If you are interested in any of these treatments or would like more information, please contact our doctors at Skin MD and Beyond. We would be happy to help you achieve your skincare goals with today’s amazing technologies and techniques. Our practice is located at 6517 Preston Road in Plano, TX and can be reached to request an appointment by calling (972) 608-0808.