Stretch marks. These dreaded marks on the skin are a telltale sign of your life’s journey. They may represent a recent pregnancy, or might linger after achieving dramatic weight loss. These stripes often develop wherever skin was stretched, and they appear to be a permanent imperfection. Fortunately, with continued advances in cosmetic medicine, there are solutions available for patients who are struggling with the appearance of stretch marks. Dr. Fiona Wright and her team at Skin MD and Beyond are available to educate patients on their options. In many cases, patients can find a solution that works best for reducing or even eliminating their stretch marks.
What options are available for treating stretch marks?
Stretch marks can be stubborn to improve, but by working with an experienced doctor such as Dr. Fiona Wright, many patients can achieve results. It may require some trial and error to find what works best, or it could require a combination of treatments. Some of the more common suggestions for stretch marks include:
- Laser skin resurfacing – using laser light energy, the area can be rejuvenated to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks on the skin
- Microneedling – microneedling is an effective way of rejuvenating the skin, and can be used on areas where stretch marks appear
- Microdermabrasion – exfoliation of the skin can be achieved with microdermabrasion, and this may fade away stretch marks over time
- Chemical peels – an aggressive chemical peel can help stimulate skin cell turnover to achieve dramatic results
- Photo facials – light therapy has been used for years to rejuvenate the skin and can effective reduce stretch marks in the treated areas
- Topical prescriptions – certain prescription medicated creams can also provide noticeable results with time in fading stretch marks
Find out which treatment is right for you
If you are considering ways of erasing stretch marks, Dr. Fiona Wright and her team at Skin MD and Beyond are here to help! Both men and women who want to reduce or eliminate stretch marks that have developed on their skin are welcome to call our office at (972) 608-0808 to request a consultation visit. Our practice is located in Plano, TX at 6517 Preston Road, and is open to new patients. Our team is here for you, “caring for your skin…and you!”