If you have clogged pores, don’t worry. Almost everyone has them at some point. Clogged pores might be caused by a variety of things, including excess oil production, dead skin cells, and even makeup. But to clear them, many patients are unsure as to what can be done. Plano, TX, area patients can consult with Dr. Fiona Wright of Skin MD and Beyond to learn more about methods and services available to help.
The good news is that there are several ways to clear clogged pores. Below are just some of the many recommendations made by Dr. Fiona Wright:
- Cleansers. One of the simplest and most effective ways is to use a facial cleanser that contains salicylic acid or glycolic acid. These ingredients help to break down the oil and dirt that’s clogging your pores. They may also have ingredients in them to help calm redness and inflammation and treat active acne.
- Pore strips. Another way to clear clogged pores is to use pore strips. Pore strips are made with an adhesive that sticks to your skin and pulls out the gunk that’s clogging your pores. They’re available over the counter and are usually inexpensive.
- Exfoliation. Exfoliating your skin on a regular basis can also help to clear clogged pores. This is because exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells, which can clog pores. There are many different ways to exfoliate your skin, including scrubs and at-home microdermabrasion kits.
- Peels. Chemical peels are another option for clearing clogged pores. They work by applying a solution to your skin that causes the dead skin cells to peel off, revealing fresher, healthier skin underneath. Chemical peels are available in different strengths, so discuss with your doctor which one is right for you.
- Microdermabrasion. Microdermabrasion is a professional treatment that uses exfoliation to remove dead skin cells and improve the appearance of your skin. During the treatment, a small, hand-held device essentially sands your skin.
Schedule a consultation visit with our team of professionals to find out more
If you’re struggling with clogged pores, consult with Dr. Fiona Wright of Skin MD and Beyond in Plano, TX, to find out which treatment is right for you. Call 972-608-0808 today to schedule an appointment.