By now, we all should know that harmful UV rays causes damage to our skin, causing premature aging and even worse, skin cancer. When achieving the bronzed goddess look, sunless tanning products are some of the safest options around. Even celebrities are known to slather on the sunless tanning lotions to get that glow so they don’t risk the wrinkles by baking in the sun.
Find out what kind of sunless tanning lotions are better for you and your lovely skin!
Dr. Fiona Wright’s Tip:
There are so many kinds of sunless tanning products to choose from. So how do you pick the right one for you? The last thing you want is to look orange like an Oompa-Loompa. Here are some tips on finding and also applying the right sunless tanner:
- Before applying your preferred sunless tanning product, exfoliate your skin a few days before. This minimizes the streaky look as well as it helps staying on longer. Concentrate on the knees and elbows to avoid dark spots with the tanner.
- Make sure your skin is prepped before applying sunless tanner. Moisturized skin helps prevent a blotchy color and will help it look more even.
- Try a mousse-based sunless tanner for quicker and more even application. Lotions take longer to dry than foam.
- A spray sunless tanner is also a great way to avoid streaks and delivers a consistent spray for an even color. You can build on the color as well for a darker color!
- Take your time. You don’t want to rush the process and end up with a blotchy job. For knees and elbows, dilute the tanner with moisturizer!