Your skin type will determine the best products for your skin’s needs. Dr. Fiona Wright and her team at Skin MD and Beyond of Plano, TX, can educate you on the different skin types and the services that best fit each individual’s needs.
How Do I Determine My Skin Type?
If you are unsure about your skin type, it can be helpful to consult a dermatologist at Skin MD and Beyond. A dermatologist like Dr. Fiona Wright can examine your skin and help you identify the best products for your specific needs. She may also suggest lifestyle changes or prescribe medications to address any underlying skin conditions.
What Are the Different Types of Skin?
Approximately five types of skin can be determined by a professional, including oily, dry, sensitive, combination, or normal.
- Oily. Oily skin is more prone to acne due to the overproduction of sebum, an oily secretion produced by the sebaceous glands. Oily skin typically looks shiny and feels greasy to the touch.
- Dry. Dry skin is best characterized by the lack of sebum oil production in some areas, while other areas can feel tight and uncomfortable. A common symptom of dry skin is flaking or peeling.
- Sensitive. Sensitive skin may be prone to irritation, redness, and itching with certain products or environmental conditions such as wind or cold weather.
- Combination. Combination skin has characteristics of both oily and dry skin types, especially in the T-zone (forehead, nose, chin).
- Normal. Normal skin has a proper balance of oil and moisture with few to no blemishes.
Enjoy Customized Care With an Experienced Dermatologist
Every person’s skin is unique and requires individualized care. Your dermatologist at Skin MD and Beyond will be able to provide personalized advice tailored specifically to you. With Dr. Fiona Wright’s specialized knowledge and expertise, she can ensure that your skin remains healthy and glowing.
Schedule an Appointment To Learn More About Your Skin Type and the Products Right for You!
If you are looking for a long-term solution for any of your skincare concerns, consulting a dermatologist at Skin MD and Beyond of Plano, TX, is the first step in the right direction! With a diagnosis of your skin and a consultation regarding the imperfections of your skin that you would like to treat, Dr. Fiona Wright can make recommendations for skincare products and services available at her office to help you reach your goals! Call 972-608-0808 to request an appointment at our facility.