What is EpiGenetics?
Many aspects of our genetics are controlled by the environmental factors that we interact with on a daily basis. This is called epigenetics, or genetic adaptation through environmental stimulation and exposure.
- Your DNA sequence is your genetic code and plays a foundational role in your health and quality of life.
- Epi-is a prefix taken from the Greeks that means “upon, at, by, or near”.
- EpiGenetics is the study of genetics, in which environmental stimulations and exposures that surround and interact with our genes (DNA) will create variations in our DNA. This can switch genes on and off, literally turning disease and dysfunction “on” or “off”.
- Every illness is influenced by epigenetics, and the specific sequencing of your DNA is subject to errors that could lead to disease.
- It is how our environment gets IN us… To create our future.
How does the Environment affect your EpiGenetics?
Twins start out with not just the same genes, but the same imprinted epigenome. Yet as aging occurs, the environment of the twins will begin to differ—different relationships, different food choices, different sleep patterns, exposures to viruses, etc. These differences will influence their epigenome—or environment—and therefore their genetic expression and physical manifestation.
Here’s a quick list of factors that you can consider that impact your genetic expression:
· toxic exposures
Nutrition and lifestyle modification influence signs, symptoms, and disease states by way of epigenetics. With the help and know-how at Tru Age Wellness Center, we can help you make changes in your habits that will lead to healthier gene expression. This means less of the signs and symptoms that you suffer with, and more energy and stamina to enjoy your life!
- Focus on Eating more Epigenetic Positive Foods
- Take Epigenetic Supplements to repair DNA
- Eliminate the Frightening Four Foods which damage your DNA
- Destress and Sleep
If you’d like to begin your personal EpiGenetic Management Program at Tru Age Wellness Center or address any of the factors above, please consider clicking HERE to request our Initial Health & Medical Questionnaire.
Your in-office consultation begins with a comprehensive history & lifestyle evaluation to determine your specific metabolism, the status of your hormone levels and the overall functionality of your physiology. We will work with you to identify any imbalances you may have and develop an individualized treatment plan. Treatment plans may include behavior and lifestyle changes, nutraceuticals, therapeutic nutrition plans, stress management techniques, health coaching, and/or advanced diagnostic testing.
Our program may also include functional laboratory tests for brain and body aging, metabolic errors, genetic markers, traditional risk factors, nutritional deficiencies, food allergies, heavy metal toxicity, and structural integrity of your muscles and joints.