“At Tru Age Wellness Center we can identify your food sensitivities, as well as drug interaction and hormonal imbalances to heal your leaky gut and make you healthy again!”
Fiona Wright MD
What is Gut Health?
“Leaky Gut” is an unhealthy gut and is known as Intestinal Permeability and it can affect your whole body!The saying “You are What you Eat” has never been truer than when we talk about Leaky Gut!
Although it seems ‘inside’, your gut is your body’s contact with the outside world! Inflammatory foods, medications, infections, stress, environmental chemicals and pollutants …. the GI tract is continuously working to defend your body from unwanted substances.
All these unwelcomed attacks on the intestinal walls can slowly cause deterioration in the defense mechanisms and the walls become permeable or “leaky”. Once this break-down occurs, things like undigested food particles cross into the blood. These particles are typically foreign to the body and this creates an immune response. When we continue to eat foods that contain those same particles, we get chronic inflammation that affects the entire body. Nearly 80% of your immune system is housed in your gut, so when we say the gut is the gateway to health, we mean it!
What are the Symptoms of Leaky Gut?
- Chronic diarrhea, constipation, gas or bloating
- Nutritional deficiencies and their associated symptoms
- Poor immune system
- Headaches, brain fog, memory loss
- Excessive fatigue, sleep disturbance
- Skin rashes and problems such as acne, eczema or rosacea
- Cravings for sugar or carbs
- Arthritis or joint pain
- Depression, anxiety, ADD, ADHD
- Autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, celiac disease or Crohn’s
How do we Treat Leaky Gut?
At Tru Age Wellness Center, we use Functional Medicine’s 4R Approach to healing the gut.
- Remove: Remove the Bad. The goal is to eliminate the triggers that negatively affect the environment of your GI tract, such as inflammatory and toxic food, and intestinal infections.
- Replace: Replace with Good. Add back the essential ingredients for proper digestion and absorption, such as digestive enzymes, amino acids, and bile acids.
- Reinoculate: Restoring beneficial bacteria into the digestive system is critical to re-establishing a healthy balance of good bacteria.
- Repair: It is essential to provide the nutrients necessary to help the gut repair itself.
If you are suffering from any of these health related issues, and would like to begin your personal
Gut Health Repair Program at Tru Age Wellness Center or address any of the factors above, please click Here to request our Initial Heath and Medical Questionnaire
We welcome you to call Tru Age Wellness center today to start the testing process and discover what is driving your health issues and to get on the road to recovery!
Your in-office consultation begins with a comprehensive history & lifestyle evaluation to determine your specific metabolism, the status of your hormone levels and the overall functionality of your physiology. We will work with you to identify any imbalances you may have and develop an individualized treatment plan. Treatment plans may include behavior and lifestyle changes, nutraceuticals, therapeutic nutrition plans, stress management techniques, health coaching, and/or advanced diagnostic testing.
Our program may also include functional laboratory tests for brain and body aging, metabolic errors, genetic markers, traditional risk factors, nutritional deficiencies, food allergies, heavy metal toxicity, and structural integrity of your muscles and joints.